Due to continuing expansion, Anyone4Science has vacancies for 3 Science Outreach Executives to join their energetic and enthusiastic team.
Science Outreach Executive Job: The role will involve designing and delivering science camps, clubs and workshops in various different science disciplines to children aged 5 up. The majority of the teaching work is during the afternoons, school holidays and at weekends. Mornings will be spent on class preparation, website maintenance, book keeping, business development, health and safety, marketing and general administration work. This position involves travelling all over the greater Dublin region. This is a 35 hour a week contract and working hours will typically be from 9 am - 4.30pm with 30 minutes lunch break. There will be some weekend work.
Candidates must supply appropriate character references and be prepared to complete a Garda vetting application form.
- A science qualification - probably to degree level but where the candidate can demonstrate a real interest in science and its communication, other science qualifications will be considered.
- Have a full driving license and your own transport.
- Experience working with children is desirable and an interest in teaching and education essential.
- The roles require a passion for science and the capability to enthuse others.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and independently is also required.
Salary: €25,000 per annum:
Hours per week: 35 hours (5 Hours per day: 9 am - 4.30 pm)
Start Date: September 2017
Transport: A full driving licence and your own transport is required for this position
Education Requirements: Third Level - A science qualification - probably to degree level but where the candidate can demonstrate a real interest in science and its communication, other science qualifications will be considered.