Aerprize is the creation of Angel City Flyers (ACF), a California flight training company, and the Irish Science Teachers’ Association (ISTA), the professional association for science teachers in the Republic of Ireland.
Aimed at exploring the role of science in aviation, the competition requires entrants to:
- Select from a list of 16 specific task areas appropriate to pilot training and based on a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) subject. Click here for the list of task areas.
- Produce a 5 minute video that describes the underlying principles of the task area you selected in scientific detail and provides the level of information required by a pilot to pass a technical knowledge exam.
To enter, you must:
- Be in the final two years of secondary school in Ireland
- Have an ISTA teacher as a sponsor
- Be 17 years old by August 1, 2020
- Pass an FAA Class 3 aviation medical examination
Read the Q&A for full details on Aerprize.