Secondary school students are invited to submit a photograph taken by themselves during the period from 14th October to 16th November 2020. The theme of the photograph will simply be ‘Biodiversity’.
The photo must be uploaded to the Google Form linked below by midnight on Monday, 17th November (entrants must have a Google account to upload their photograph using the Google Form. Alternatively they can send their entries using the email address provided, see below).
Students must submit the requested details on the Google Form e.g. School, Science Teacher's name, who should be a current ISTA member.
This will also include a paragraph, of not more than 800 characters (letters and spaces), on how the photograph relates to the theme ‘Biodiversity’. The written details in this piece e.g. the names of the organism(s) present, will be important in the judging process.
- Students are restricted to one entry each.
- Photographs will be shortlisted by an ISTA committee.
- The winning photographs will be decided by Irish Biologist and TV / Radio personality Éanna Ní Lamhna. The judge’s decision will be final.
- The ISTA reserves the right to publish photographs submitted to this competition on ISTA written material, the ISTA website, and social media.
Great Prizes such as Apple iPad, Visualizer and One4All vouchers!
Thanks to BioPharmaChemical Ireland for sponsorship.
Full details on this link! https://www.ista.ie/ista-photograph-competition-2020
Note: if you are having difficulty accessing the Google Form using the link above it may be due to your school's email settings. As an alternative you can email your entry as an attached image to the email address email@example.com making sure you include the following information:
- Email Address
- First Name
- Year in School
- Name of School
- School Address
- Name of Science Teacher
- Who took the photograph?
- Was the photo was taken after October 14th 2020?
- Details of what is in the picture (800 characters or less... the details provided here will be used to decide the winning entries).