Online CPD Webinar on Tuesday 7-8 pm March 8th, 2022
Teachers are crucial to encourage young people to study physics and to consider careers involving physics.
Join IOP online as we explore approaches and resources to encourage discussions about further study and career guidance in physics:
• Demonstrate connections between the Physics Curriculum and jobs with an emphasis on transferable skills and their use in traditional and non-traditional physics careers.
• Better understand your role as a person whom young people trust and listen to, and who help shape their opinions and decisions about pursuing physics.
• Work in partnership with other key influencers to ensure that young people and their families receive the correct information and encouragement to consider choosing physics as a subject or career opportunity.
• Share good practice and explore a range of approaches and resources for further study and career guidance.
• Encourage discussions about studying physics post-secondary school and guide students and their parents/carers towards trusted physics-related study and career information.
• Learn more about the support and resources available from IOP including “What is Physics?” and “The New 28 Days 28 Physicists” booklet-ideal for helping students choose LC Physics #PhysicsIsLimitLess
Booking Essential at: https://www.talkphysics.org/events/iop-ireland-raising-physics-careers-awareness-webinar