Does your school have an annual prize day? Is there a prize for Physics? Would you like to reward and acknowledge the efforts of a special student in your class? Do you think an award could raise the profile of physics in your school? If so, the IOPI School Students Award Scheme now in its 6th year might just be your answer.
Here's how it works:
- The school physics teachers nominate up to two students who are at Leaving Certificate or N. Ireland A Level standard. Nominations may include students from last year's Leaving Cert/A Level cohort. Nominations can be submitted to IOPI via a short nomination form.
- School may wish to nominate students in September 2020
- IOPI will issue an electronic certificate or certificates which the school presents to the nominated student or students. Hard copy certificates will be posted to schools in September.
- IOPI maintains a roll of honour on the IOP Ireland website
- The school may supplement the award with a trophy or monetary prize
For more information and to access the nomination form and roll of honour see www.iopireland.org/ or www.talkphysics.org/groups/teaching-physics-in-ireland/